KUTX Live at the Four Seasons features some of SXSW 2014's most anticipated artists
AUSTIN, Texas — Feb. 26, 2014 — No wristband? No problem! Once again KUTX 98.9, The Austin Music Experience, is partnering with Four Seasons Hotel Austin to connect music fans to some of the most anticipated artists at the 2014 SXSW Music Conference, including Rodney Crowell, Shinyribs, Lucius, Wye Oak and Tinariwen.
KUTX 98.9 will broadcast four early-morning broadcasts, live from Four Seasons Hotel Austin Ballroom, from 7 to 11 a.m., Wednesday, March 12, through Friday, March 14, and from 8 a.m. to noon, Saturday, March 15.
The event is open to the public on a first-come, first served basis. Admission is $10 per day and includes a breakfast taco, KIND granola bar and unlimited coffee. All proceeds benefit the Seton Shivers Cancer Center.
Wednesday, March 12
- 7 a.m. Austin-based indie-folk pop band Wild Child (see them perform "Crazy Bird" in KUTX Studio 1A)
- 8 a.m. Rolling Stone calls indie-pop band Lucius "the best band you may not have heard yet." (watch their NPR Tiny Desk concert)
- 9 a.m. Oregon indie-rock band Typhoon
- 10 a.m. Grammy Award-winning musician and songwriter Rodney Crowell
Thursday, March 13
- 7 a.m. U.K based guitar-pop quartet Kins
- 8 a.m. Six-piece indie-pop band Phox
- 9 a.m. Psychedelic rockers The Bright Light Social Hour (watch their KUTX backstage performance at ACL Fest)
- 10 a.m. Maryland-based indie folk-rock duo Wye Oak
Friday, March 14
- 7 a.m. Austin-based orchestral-pop band Mother Falcon (watch them perform "Pennies" in KUTX Studio 1A)
- 8 a.m. Spanish Gold featuring My Morning Jacket drummer Patrick Hallahan with Dante Schwebel of San Antonio band Hacienda and Adrian Quesada of Austin's Grupo Fantasma
- 9 a.m. Singer-songwriter Andrew Belle
- 10 a.m. Soul artist Lee Fields and the Expressions
Saturday, March 15
- 8 a.m. Icelandic singer-songwriter Asgeir
- 9 a.m. Rocker duo Black Pistol Fire (watch them perform "Hipster Shakes" in KUTX Studio 1A)
- 10 a.m. Swamp-pop group Shinyribs featuring former Gourds frontman Kevin Russell (watch them perform "Sweet Potato" in KUTX Studio 1A)
- 11 a.m. Tinariwen, the Grammy Award-winning band of Tuareg musicians from the Sahara Desert.
Guests may self-park in the hotel garage at a discounted rate of $5 per car.