Most Austin area school districts are closed today for the Good Friday holiday. But some students will be attending class.
That’s because they’re making up days off for bad weather earlier in the school year.
DO have school:
- Burnet ISD will have regular school hours today.
- Del Valle ISD is holding classes today.
- Dripping Springs ISD is holding classes today and on Memorial Day to make up for canceled classes.
- Eanes ISD is holding classes today. The rest of the school year will continue as planned.
- Lockhart ISD will hold regular school hours today and on Memorial Day.
- Manor ISD is holding classes today as a make-up. There will not be classes on Memorial Day.
- Texas School for the Deaf will have regular school hours today.
- Wimberley ISD is also holding classes this Good Friday.
DO NOT have school:
- Austin ISD is off today. AISD has no make-up days scheduled for the rest of the school year.
- Bastrop ISD is also off today – the district has added two days to the end of the school year to make up for canceled classes.
- Georgetown ISD is off today. Georgetown will hold school on Memorial Day to make-up for canceled classes.
- Hays CISD is not holding classes today. The district has added two days to the end of the school year to make-up for canceled classes.
- Lago Vista ISD is off today. Lago Vista will also make-up a bad weather day on May 23.
- Lake Travis ISD is off today. The district added one make-up day to the end of the school year.
- Leander ISD is off today. Leander will have classes on April 28 as a bad weather make-up day.
- Pflugerville ISD is off for Good Friday – but added two days to the end of the school year to make up for bad weather days.
- Round Rock ISD is also off and does not have make-up days left to fulfill.
- San Marcos Consolidated ISD is off today. The district will make up classes on Memorial Day and on June 5.
- Smithville ISD is off today. Smithville will have regular school hours on Memorial Day.
So what is with districts holding classes on religious holidays? Eanes ISD had this message for parents:
Eanes ISD has this posted on the district website: The District recognizes that April 18 may be considered a religious holy day for some students and families. Under Texas law, a student who is absent from school in order to observe a religious holy day may receive an excused absence. A parent/guardian or adult student must provide a written statement to the campus, indicating the religious holy day they are observing in order to receive the excused absence.
Are we missing the school district you're looking for? Check here: email to email@example.com