Thu July 3, 2014
H-E-B Cites the Presence of 'Foreign Materials' in Voluntary Beef Recall
H-E-B has issued a voluntarily recall of 13 items due to the "possible presence of a foreign material."
The San Antonio-based grocer said no customers have reported illnesses, but they recalled certain skirt steaks, beef fajitas and stew meats with packaging dates as early as June 9 as a precautionary measure.
Below is a full list of affected items.
In a written statement on its website, Winell Herron, the company's group vice president of public affairs, didn't elaborate on what the foreign material the products could contain, but emphasized the recall was voluntary.
"H-E-B is committed to the highest standards of food safety for our customers," Herron said. "We take every precaution necessary to ensure the integrity and quality of the products sold in our stores."
Affected packages of fajita meat and skirt steaks with sell-by dates of July 4 and July 5 include:
- Hill Country Fare Beef Fajitas with bar codes beginning in 220344
- H-E-B Seasoned Beef Fajitas with bar codes beginning in 220736
- Mi Comida Beef Skirt Steak with bar codes beginning in 222322
- Mi Comida Beef Skirt Steak with bar codes beginning in 222340
- Hill Country Fare Beef Fajitas with bar codes beginning in 224234
- Texas BBQ Rub Style Beef Skirt with bar codes beginning in 238715
Affected packages of stew meat with sell-by dates of June 24 include:
- Beef for Stew Meat with bar codes beginning in 222835
Affected packages of pre-seasoned carne guisada meat with sell-by dates of June 27 include:
- H-E-B Seasoned Beef for Carne Guisada with bar codes beginning in 220595
Affected packages of beef stew packed in styrofoam with packaging dates June 6 through June 28 include:
- Stew meat with bar codes beginning in 220595
- Stew meat with bar codes beginning in 220621
- Beef for stew with bar codes beginning in 221776
- Beef for stew with bar codes beginning in 222832
- Tenderized beef for stew with bar codes beginning in 222836
Customers who purchased affected items can return them to stores for a full refund, or contact 1-800-432-3113 with any questions or concerns.