From Mother's Milk Bank at Austin, this month’s Get Involved spotlight non-profit:
The Mothers’ Milk Bank at Austin is a community-based non-profit organization whose mission is to save babies’ lives by providing prescribed donor human milk, primarily to premature and ill infants.
You can contribute your time and talent to help improve the health and lives of preterm and ill infants.
You can join our Pour Team! Work on the front lines with our pour team! You will work in groups of 3-4 in our lab, mixing and pouring donated milk for pasteurization. Involves standing for several hours at a time and lifting flasks of milk. Bonus: You get to “scrub in” and wear cool garb that makes you feel like you have a medical degree.
You can be a (Milk) Logger! Does tallying data make your heart sing? Do you like to count and add things? You can log frozen donated milk into our data tracking system.
You can be an Office Angel! You can assist with mailings, data entry, special projects and events, or support for donor moms.
You can share your special skills! We could use your help with public relations, marketing, or fundraising.
· Daytime hours!
· Convenient location near UT!
· Free & easy parking!
· Gain experience in clinical environment!
· Help fragile babies thrive!
· Perfect for students, retirees, moms!
Four Easy Steps to Volunteer
1. Visit our website: www.milkbank.org
2. Complete Volunteer Application.
3. Decide which position you’d like.
4. Or just contact Alison at firstname.lastname@example.org or 512-494-0800!
2911 Medical Arts St. #12, Austin, TX 78705 www.milkbank.org