Tue February 19, 2013
Five Austin Chefs Named James Beard Semi-Finalists
The James Beard Foundation announced its semi-finalists for one of the most prestigious set of culinary awards, and five local chefs made the shortlist.
- Tyson Cole of Uchi and Uchiko (Outstanding Chef)
- Bryce Gilmore of Barley Swine (Rising Star Chef of the Year and Best Chef: Southwest)
- Janina O’Leary of TRACE (Rising Star Chef of the Year)
- Laura Sawicki of La Condesa (Outstanding Pastry Chef)
- Rene Ortiz of La Condesa (Best Chef: Southwest)
The finalists will be announced Monday, March 18 in Charleston, South Carolina. The awards will be handed out on May 3 and 6 in New York City.