Fri November 1, 2013
Early Voting Underway: What Voters Need to Know for the Nov. 5 Election (Update)
Updated Friday, November 1 at 7:37am: Early voting ends today for the Nov. 5 election.
There are 19 early voting locations in Travis County and several mobile locations.
What's On the Ballot:
- Austin residents will vote on the city’s $65 million affordable housing bond. Voters narrowly declined a proposed $78.3 million bond last November.
- There's a special election in Texas House District 50 to fill the seat vacated by former State Rep. Mark Strama. Strama announced his resignation last spring.
- All Texans will weigh in on a proposition to use money from the state’s Rainy Day fund for water projects.
- Texans will also consider an expansion of reverse mortgages.
- Altogether, Texans will consider nine state constitutional amendments.
What You Need to Bring:
This is the first statewide election in Texas requiring voters to show a government-issued photo ID at the polls.
The following forms of ID will be accepted. There is a full list and answers to frequently asked questions at keepcalmvoteon.com:
- Texas Driver’s License
- Texas Personal ID Card
- Texas Concealed Handgun License
- US Military ID Card
- US Certificate of Citizenship or Naturalization
- US Passport
- Election ID Certificate