The Austin Film Festival has released the full lineup of films slated for this year's event. AFF says this 20th anniversary lineup features more world and U.S. premieres than ever before in the festival's history.
At the top of the lineup is "Inside Llewyn Davis." The new film by Joel and Ethan Coen won the Grand Jury prize at the Cannes Film Festival. It stars Oscar Isaac as the title character. Isaac will be in Austin for the festival. Academy and Grammy Award-winning music producer T-Bone Burnett will also be in attendance.
The Austin Film Festival is Oct. 24 - 31. There's a full lineup on AustinFilmFestival.com.
Here's a closer look at this year's marquee screenings:
- Inside Llewyn Davis – Joel and Ethan Coen (Writer/Directors); Oscar Isaac and T Bone Burnett in attendance
- 12 Years A Slave – John Ridley (Writer), Steve McQueen (Director)
- Nebraska – Bob Nelson (Writer), Alexander Payne (Director); Will Forté in attendance
- August: Osage County – Tracy Letts (Writer), John Wells (Director)
- Mandela: Long Walk To Freedom – William Nicholson (Writer), Justin Chadwick (Director)
- Philomena – Steve Coogan (Writer), Jeff Pope (Writer), Stephen Frears (Director)
- BIG SUR– Michael Polish (Writer/Director); Josh Lucas, Jean Marc-Barr and John Robbins in attendance
- Winter In The Blood – Ken White (Writer), Alex and Andrew Smith (Writer/Directors); cast in attendance
- Child Of God – James Franco (Writer/Director), Vince Jolivette (Writer)
- HBO’s’ Whoopi Goldberg Presents Moms Mabley – Whoopi Goldberg (Director)
- Mystery Road – Ivan Sen (Writer/Director)
- If You Build It – Patrick Creadon (Director)
- Last I Heard – David Rodriguez (Writer/Director); Paul Sorvino in attendance
- YUMA – Wojciech Gajewicz (Writer), Piotr Mularuk (Writer/Director)
- Number 10 Blues/Goodbye, Saigon – Norio Osada (Writer/Director) – US Premiere
- Mom, Dad, I’m Muslim – Anat Tel Mendelovich (Writer/Director) – US Premiere
In the spirit of full disclosure, KUT is a media sponsor of this year's Austin Film Festival.
Keep an eye out for special coverage as the festival approaches.