Top 21 Bars Where DWI Suspects Drank in Austin
The Austin Police Department has released its annual list of local bars where drunken driving suspects reported having their last drink before getting behind the wheel.
West 6th Street bars make up the top four establishments on the list, with J. Blacks coming in at number one for the second year in a row. Twenty-nine drunken driving suspects who were arrested told police they had come from J. Blacks in 2010.
APD says the list is based on how people arrested for DWI answered the question, "Where were you drinking?" If the suspect listed multiple bars, all were included in the tally.
Here's the list of the bars with the number of arrested DWI suspects who said they came from there.
- J Blacks at 710 W. 6th St. with 29 DWI arrests
- Molotov at 719 W. 6th St. with 26 DWI arrests
- The Ranch at 708 W. 6th St. with 23 DWI arrests
- Key Bar at 617 W. 6th St. with 21 DWI arrests
- Shakespeares at 314 E. 6th St. with 20 DWI arrests
- Dallas Night Club at 7113 Burnet Rd. with 20 DWI arrests
- Rain at 217B W. 4th St. with 19 DWI arrests
- Sherlock's Baker Street at 9012 Research Blvd. with 17 DWI arrests
- Cedar Street at 208 W. 4th St. with 17 DWI arrests
- Oilcan Harry's at 211 W. 4th St. with 16 DWI arrests
- Union Park at 612 W. 6th St. with 15 DWI arrests
- Maggie Maes at 323 E. 6th St. with 15 DWI arrests
- Kung Fu Saloon at 510 Rio Grande St. with 15 DWI arrests
- Lucky Lounge at 209 W. 5th St. with 13 DWI arrests
- Pure at 419 E. 6th St. with 12 DWI arrests
- Blind Pig Pub at 317 E. 6th St. with 12 DWI arrests
- Barcelona at 209 E. 6th St. with 11 DWI arrests
- Aquarium at 403 E. 6th St. with 11 DWI arrests
- Dirty Bills at 511 Rio Grande St. with 11 DWI arrests
- Kiss & Fly at 404 Colorado St. with 10 DWI arrests
- 219 West at 219 W. 4th St. with 10 DWI arrests
Here are the bars on a map.
View Austin Bars Where DWI Suspects Reported Drinking 2010 in a larger map