View May 5th/May 6th Road Closures in a larger map
If it’s a weekend in Austin, there must be some special events. And special events mean road closures. Five big events are happening this weekend, and KUT News has mapped the closures above. Here’s more on what’s happening:
- Chuy’s Hot to Trot 5K and Kid-K: Chuy’s Arbor Trails location is sponsoring a 5K run Saturday, May 5. The Kid-K is approximately a half-mile and everyone receives a medal as they cross the line. Online registration for the event is closed, but in-person registration is available Friday until 8 p.m. and Saturday beginning at 6:30 a.m.
- March for Babies: The 2012 Austin March for Babies event is a fundraiser march from Auditorium Shores to the State Capitol. Proceeds raised support March of Dimes community initiatives for healthy pregnancies. Registration for the event starts at 8 a.m. at 400 W. Riverside Dr. (Auditorium Shores), and the event starts at 9 a.m. Parking available at the Palmer Events Center.
- Pecan Street Festival: Austin’s free, semi-annual Pecan Street Festival returns to Sixth Street, with plenty of food and arts and crafts for sale. The festival begins at 11 a.m. Saturday and ends at 8 p.m. Sunday on 6th Street.
- Texas Marijuana March: The Texas Marijuana March beings at noon this Saturday at City Hall. After gathering, drug reform proponents will proceed down Congress. The march is scheduled from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
- Cinco de Mayo Block Party: The 4th Annual Cinco de Mayo Block Party is (when else?) Saturday, May 5 from 4-10 p.m., on Second Street between Guadalupe and San Antonio.