View Street Closures for Nov. 2-4 in a larger map
A slew of events this weekend will make navigating downtown Austin a bit more challenging than usual.
The seventh annual Fun Fun Fun Fest is already underway at Auditorium Shores. Bouldin Avenue and South Fifth Street/Dawson Road are open to residents only. No festival parking is allowed in Bouldin Creek neighborhood.
Many more street closures are in effect Sunday, when the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure 5K launches. East 18th Street from Congress Avenue to San Jacinto Boulevard and Brazos Street from MLK Jr. Boulevard to East 17th Street are first to close, at 6 a.m. on Saturday, Nov. 3.
Several more full and partial closures are in effect Sunday, as illustrated in the map above. Here’s a rundown of the partial closures:
- West 18th Street from Colorado Street to Congress Avenue is open to local traffic only
- MLK Jr. Boulevard from Colorado Street to Red River Street is closed to east bound traffic
- Red River Street from MLK Jr. Boulevard to15th Street is closed to south bound traffic
- 15th Street from Colorado Street to Lavaca Street is closed to east bound traffic
- San Jacinto Boulevard from E.ast15th Street to East11th Street has its three right lanes closed
- 11th Street from San Jacinto Boulevard to Brazos Street is closed to west bound traffic
- Sixth Street from Brazos Street to Colorado Street has its three right lanes closed
- Seventh Street from Guadalupe Street to Colorado Street has its three left lanes closed
- Lavaca Street from West Seventh Street to West 14th Street has only one left lane open
- Colorado Street from West Ninth Street to West Sixth Street has only one right lane open
Other events going on include the 13th annual March to Abolish the Death Penalty. The march is leaving the grounds of the Texas Capitol shortly after 2 p.m. on Saturday, Nov. 3. And further north in the Mueller neighborhood, the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Light The Night Walk will mean a few neighborhood closures.
You can stay up to speed on closures on the city’s Special Events website.