The Lead: Flash Flood Watch, Bastrop Fire Aid, Austin Medical School
Central Texas is under a flash flood watch today, as heavy rains are expected to hit Travis and surrounding counties this afternoon. Here’s what KUT News has been working on this morning, along with some top stories.
- Final Day for Bastrop Fire Victims to Apply for Housing Aid
- What Gave Gov. Perry Sleepless Nights on the Campaign Trail
- First in Texas: Austin City Council Declares Support for Same Sex Marriage
- It's Mediterranean Festival This Weekend
Here's more stories from around the web:
- Former Mayor Pro Tem Betty Dunkerley Makes Case for Prop. 1, Med School (Oak Hill Gazette)
“'With the growing population and the growing of these two segments, we can look down the road two or three years and see that we already have a doctor shortage of 700 doctors in this area,' Dunkerley said. 'So it is very critical that we do some strategy in order to get more physicians into this area to help all of us as we get older.'"
- New Owner Takes Over East Austin’s Scoot Inn (Statesman)
"Scoot Inn, which closed its doors two weeks ago, will be taken over Friday by Austin-based ATX Brands, founder and CEO Doug Guller told the American-Statesman."