Got Property Tax Questions?
Own some property in Travis County? Want to know how it's taxed?
Chief Appraiser Marya Crigler and Tax Assessor-Collector Bruce Elfant are hosting a series of property tax forums.
The Travis County tax officials will present information about the appraisal process, exemptions and deferrals, payment plans and the deadlines that all those paying property tax should know. They will also be available to answer questions.
The first of these forums is today at 6 p.m. at the Willie Mae Kirk Library, 3101 Oak Springs Dr. in Austin.
There will be eight more property tax forums held across Travis County from through the end of May:
- Wednesday, April 24 at 7 p.m. – Austin Energy Headquarters, 721 Barton Springs Road – Shudde Fath Conference Room, Austin.
- Thursday, April 25 at 6 p.m. – Carter Library, 1161 Angelina, Austin.
- Tuesday, April 30 at 6 p.m. – Milwood Library, 12500 Amherst Drive, Austin.
- Thursday, May 2 at 6 p.m. – City of Jonestown City Council Chambers 18649 FM 1431, Suite 3A, Jonestown.
- Monday, May 6 at 7 p.m. – Trinity United Methodist Church, 4001 Speedway, Austin.
- Thursday, May 9 at 7 p.m. – ACC South Austin Campus, 1820 W. Stassney Lane, Room 1130, Austin.
- Tuesday, May 14 at 6 p.m. – Pleasant Hill Library, 211 E. William Cannon Drive, Austin.
- Thursday, May 23 at 6 p.m. – Lago Vista Public Library, 5803 Thunderbird, Suite 40, Lago Vista.
- Tuesday, May 28 at 6 p.m. – Howson Library, 2500 Exposition Boulevard, Austin.
All events are free and open to the public.
For more information, you can check out the Travis County Tax Assessor’s website at traviscountytax.org or call (512) 854-9473.