Pledge $120 to Receive The Shins “Port of Morrow” CD
Be sure to tune in to Music with Matt Reilly tonight for some great music, a chance to listen to Rodney Gibbs, AND the opportunity to pick up a copy of The Shins’ latest album “Port of Morrow.”
As a technology entrepreneur specializing in location-based mobile, web and games, Rodney Gibbs, co-founder of Ricochet Labs and a KUT Advisory Board member, appreciates all that KUT has to offer. Pledge tonight – the last night of KUT’s spring membership drive – in support of the programming you enjoy most on KUT. Everyone who pledges $120 or more during Matt Reilly’s show will receive a copy of “Port of Morrow” as well as a KUT Live Volume 12 CD! Call in at (512) 471-6291 or pledge online from 8 to 12 tonight to claim your copy!
Port of Morrow is the upcoming fourth studio album by The Shins, scheduled to be released on March 20, 2012. It will be the first album by the band to be released through frontman James Mercer’s new record label ‘Aural Apothecary’, as well as their first album to be distributed by Columbia Records. It is also the band’s first studio album in 5 years, following the release of 2007′s Wincing the Night Away.
KUT Live Vol. 12 Track List
1. Sarah Jarosz – Come Around
2. Adele – That’s It, I Quit, I’m Moving On
3. The Jayhawks – She Walks in So Many Ways
4. Tedeschi/Trucks Band – Bound for Glory
5. The Fling – Seeds
6. Black Red Black – Alone Together
7. Deer Tick – The Bump
8. Dana Falconberry – Petoskey Stone
9. Craig Finn – Honlulu Blues
10. The War on Drugs – Best Night
11. Nick Lowe – Somebody Cares for Me
12. Dale Watson – Down Down Down Down Down
13. Carrie Rodriguez and Bill Frisell - Tired of Waiting For You
14. Ha Ha Tonka – Made Example Of
15. Not in the Face – Downtown Girl
16. Bahamas – I’ve Never Found a Girl (To Love Me Like You Do)
17. Jolie Holland – Tonight I Think I’m Gonna Go Downtown
18. Robyn Hitchcock – River Man
We’re not just passionate about Austin music; we’re committed to celebrating it like no one else. From KUT Live events, to Texas Music Matters profiles of Texas artists and documentaries that have made Texas music history, to the Texas Music Minute, to The KUT Song of the Day, to This Week in Texas Music History, to coverage of SXSW Music and the Austin City Limits Music Festival, to recording and archiving the hundreds of Studio 1A performances each year, our music hosts, producers, and reporters deliver unparalleled coverage of the music that fuels Austin.
All of this is made possible by the generous support of our listeners – so thanks!