Early Iowa Results
UPDATE 8:30 p.m.:
The latest results are trickling in from precincts across Iowa.
- Ron Paul 23%
- Rick Santorum 23%
- Mitt Romney 23%
- Newt Gingrich 13%
- Rick Perry 10%
- Michele Bachmann 6%
- Jon Huntsman 1%
EARLIER: The first real test of the Republican presidential candidates is underway with Iowa’s Republican voters holding caucuses right now. KUT News has reporters with Congressman Ron Paul’s and Governor Rick Perry’s campaigns. We are also collaborating with our political reporting partners at the Texas Tribune.
Tune in to KUT 90.5 FM starting at 8 p.m. as we carry NPR’s two-hour special on the Iowa caucuses. We’ll have local breaks with our reporters in the field. You can also stream the special on our website or through the KUT apps for iPhone and Android.
Meanwhile, back at the ranch here in Austin, we’ll be posting results on this site and linking out to must-read news stories.
- AP: Entrance poll shows Early Iowa caucus-goers favor 3
- CNN: Entrance poll shows 58 percent of caucus goers are Evangelical Christians
- Precinct by precinct results on Google’s Election Page
- C-SPAN is live-streaming two caucuses: This one is in Urbandale, Iowa just outside Des Moines. This one is in Western Iowa.
- CNN is also streaming live video.
- KUT News: Perry Vows to Fight on Past Iowa
- KUT News: Perry’s A&M Classmate Caucuses For Governor In Urbandale
- KUT News: Get To Know an Iowa Voter: Ron Paul Supporter Chuck Wheeler
- Wall Street Journal: Romney is Richest Candidate in a Decade
- Des Moines Register: How the Iowa caucuses work
- Washington Post: Mitt Romney seeks to end GOP contest in January
- New York Times statistician Nate Silver: Why I’d Bet on Santorum (and Against My Model)
- CBS News: Gingrich calls Mitt Romney a liar
- Check out Iowa’s Google Search trends for all the candidates