Year End Donation Answers
Thank you for considering KUT while making your year-end donations. We hope that you will make a gift to support the quality public radio you hear on KUT. We’ve compiled this list to help answer some of the questions you might have. If we’ve missed one, please call us 512/417-1631 or email email@example.com.
1) If I donate my car today will I receive a tax benefit in 2011?
- If you contact CARS at 877-KUT-4-CAR or 877-588-4227 at any time during the 2011 year, you may use the donation on your taxes in 2011. Your car does not have to be picked up during 2011 nor does it have to be sold during 2011. As long as you have been in contact with a CARS representative in 2011 your car may be used as a tax donation for 2011.
- Go to KUT.org/car-donation/. There is a form on that site that allows people to contact CARS for a donation without calling.
2) How much did my car sell for?
- Please call 877-KUT-4-CAR or 877-588-4227 for that information.
3) What does this whole Fair Market Value mean?
- The fair market value is the price of a gift had it been sold instead of given. You can get your tax deductible amount by decreasing the Fair Market Value of a gift from the actual amount you donated. Let’s say you gave $60 – and received a mug. The mug’s fair market value is $5. The total deductible amount of the gift is $55. If you have other questions about Fair Market Value, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
4) If I give you my credit card right now, can I get a tax benefit at for 2011?
- Yes! Please make a pledge by clicking here
5) I want to send you a check but I’m afraid it won’t get there by the end of the year
- If the check is postmarked in the year 2011, then it can count on 2011 taxes. Credit cards must be charged before Jan. 1. If you want to make a credit card pledge, it must arrive at KUT before Dec. 30. If you want to ensure it is charged, please make a gift online.
6) Can you send me a tax receipt?
- Tax receipts will be sent in January 2011. If we have the your email address on file they will be emailed. If we do not have your email address on file we will mail it.
7) What is my Undewriting total for 2011?
- Please email Brian at email@example.com