Susan Castle’s Top 10 Picks for 2011
Mondays, 8 p.m.-11 p.m.
1. Adele – 21
Sure, it’s over-played, over-exposed and occasionally over-produced, but she has got the goods…the voice, the writing chops, and the charm. Watch some of her guileless live performances on You Tube to be truly wowed by her formidable talent.
2. The Antlers – Burst Apart
When you want a burst of drama with your indie rock.
3. Cut Copy – Zonoscope
May cause spontaneous dancing combustion.
4. Fleet Foxes – Helplessness Blues
Like a bowl of vegetable soup on a chilly day.
5. Girls - Father, Son, Holy Ghost
Everything I like about ’70s pop songs, but so much cooler.
6. The Head and the Heart – The Head and the Heart
7. Radiohead – The King Of Limbs
Was torn between this and My Morning Jacket and went for sensual, but ask me tomorrow and it might be the other way around. Both are laudable releases and this far into their catalogs no less.
8. Abigail Washburn – City Of Refuge
As unpretentious and charming as the artist herself. A real grower.
9. Washed Out – Within and Without
Awash in lushness.
10. White Denim – D
Giving it up for these local rockers.