How Do HAAM and SIMS Work Together?
Health Alliance for Austin Musicians (HAAM) and the Sims Foundations both provide critical healthcare services to Austin Musicians. However, the services provided differ in some key ways.
- HAAM provides access to affordable health care for uninsured musicians
- SIMS is a mental health and addiction treatment service provider
- HAAM supports SIMS financially through an annual contract
- SIMS is the mental health provider for HAAM
- HAAM has contracts with 5 affiliate service providers for primary medical care, basic dental care, vision, hearing and mental health
- Clients can access SIMS directly without going through HAAM
- HAAM serves uninsured musicians and provides referral services to partners and children
- SIMS serves uninsured and under-insured musicians, as well as their partners and children
- 20% of HAAM clients utilize SIMS’ mental health services
- 50-60% of SIMS clients are HAAM members; SIMS requires that all eligible clients become HAAM members