Get Involved Forum-Dialogue Ground Rules
Regarding the spirit of our speaking and listening
1. We will speak for ourselves, from our own perspectives, and allow others to speak for themselves, with no pressure to represent or explain a whole group.
2. We will not criticize the views of others or attempt to persuade them. During Q & A, should our questions refer to what others have said, they will be about understanding perspectives rather than criticizing or persuading.
3. We will listen with resilience, “hanging in” when we hear something that is hard to hear, or something with which we might disagree.
Regarding the form of our speaking and listening
4. We will participate within the time frames suggested by the facilitator and timekeeper, and share airtime during Q & A.
During Q & A, we will raise our hands and wait until a microphone arrives to us before asking our question.
5. We will not interrupt except to indicate that we cannot hear a speaker.
6. We will “pass” or “pass for now” if we are not ready or willing to respond to a question.