KUT News Wins Six Regional Edward R. Murrow Awards
AUSTIN, Texas—April 21, 2011—KUT News has won six regional Edward R. Murrow awards from the Radio Television Digital News Association (RTDNA) in recognition of excellence in electronic journalism.
The awards were in the Region 6 (Oklahoma, Texas) large market radio category for the following projects produced in 2010:
· Doctors on Healthcare, reported by Nathan Bernier, in both the “continuing coverage” and “hard news” categories.
· Where I’m From, a KUT News’ Special Report with Texas Monthly, produced by Emily Donahue, in the “documentary” category.
· NASA End of the Space Shuttle, produced by KUT News, in the “news series” category.
· NASA Shuttle Montage, produced by Nathan Bernier, in the “use of sound” category.
· Texas Topics Writing Samples 2010, reported by Matt Largey, in the “writing” category.
A complete listing of award winners is available online. This brings to 26 the number of Murrow Awards KUT News has won since it was established in 2002.
About KUT Radio
For more than 50 years, KUT 90.5, listener-supported public radio from Austin, Texas, has striven to be the most trusted radio source for news and music in Central Texas. A founding member of NPR, KUT established a news department in 2002. Since then, KUT News has won more than 50 state, national and international awards for journalistic excellence. KUT is nationally known for playing a unique blend of handpicked, homegrown and uniquely Austin music. Its signature music journalism unit, Texas Music Matters, uses the highest standards of public radio journalism to report on Texas music. The station relies on individuals and local businesses for more than 85 percent of its operating budget with 100 percent of those contributions going directly to programming and broadcasting expenses. For more information, go to www.kut.org.
About the RTNDA
RTNDA, the world’s largest professional organization devoted exclusively to electronic journalism, has been honoring outstanding achievement in electronic journalism with the Edward R. Murrow Awards since 1971. RTNDA represents local and network news executives in broadcasting, cable and other electronic media in more than 30 countries. For more information, visit: http://www.rtnda.org.
Contact: Erin Geisler, firstname.lastname@example.org, 512-475-8071